İTÜ MIAM - CENTER FOR ADVANCED STUDIES IN MUSIC |
Miam > Application >
1. Accredited four-year Bachelors degree (photocopy of diploma and transcript required).
2. English proficiency. Qualifications and minimum scores:
- YOK Dil Sinavi : 65
- TOEFL Paper Based : 523
- TOEFL Computer Based: 183
- TOEFL Internet Based : 70
- YDS : 65
- e-YDS : 65
- UDS : 65
- KPDS : 65
- PTE (Akademik) : 60
For more information regarding English proficiency :
3. Two letters of recommendation.
4. CV and portfolio of work done in the relevant field.
Music Knowledge multiple-choice examination
Music Theory placement examination
Interview All applicants should make a formal application to ITU main campus.
ITU Maslak Kampusu, Ogrenci Isleri Daire Baskanligi Maslak-Istanbul
Tel: +90 212 285 3400 Fax: +90 212 285 2909
Application forms are obtained from:
On the link below, you can find our application guide :
1. Applicant's official transcripts including all undergraduate and/or graduate level courses and their grades that given by the universities that applicant graduated or will be graduated Applicanta who will apply for PhD programs directly after his/her undergraduate degree has to have at least 3.00 Cumulative GPA (over 4.00)
2. Academic disciplinary record for Turkish students (may be showed on the transcript)
3. No ALES document is required (GRE or GMAT is required for non-Turkish applicants)
4. Statement of purpose
5. Two recommendation letters - One of these recommendation letters is required to be prepared by an academic instructor who the student worked with.
6. English Proficiency Document that is accepted according to ITU Senate principles
- Historical Musicology
- Music Theory
- Sonic Arts
- Sound Engineering & Design
Entrance Examination Procedure
1. Music History Multiple-Choice Exam
2. Music Theory Placement Exam
3. Special Field Exam
a. SED, Sonic Arts and Composition
b. Ethnomusicology, Performance
4. Interview (Bring a portfolio including your CV and information about your previous studies; the performance exam requirements will be announced later on)